CREAMY ROSE HIP ROSEMARY CHICKEN
Updated: Nov 12
Creamy Rose Hip Rosemary Chicken
● 1tbs olive oil
● 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts (halved horizontally to make 4 filets)
● Salt, to season
● Pepper, to season ● 400g sliced mushrooms (1 package)
● 4 teaspoons butter
● 1 large shallot, finely chopped
● 1 cup Rose Hip Rosemary Hard Cider
● 2⁄3 cup cream
● Chopped parsley, to garnish
● (Optional bowtie noodles)
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Season each chicken filet with a pinch of salt and pepper on each side. Cook chicken for about 5 minutes per side. Chicken should be golden brown. Transfer chicken to plate covered with tin foil. 2. Fry the mushrooms in 2 teaspoons of butter for 3-5 minutes, or until beginning to soften. Transfer to plate with chicken.
3. Reduce heat slightly then add butter and shallots into the pan and cook for 4 minutes while occasionally stirring. Pour in the Rose Hip Rosemary Hard Cider; stir well, while scraping any food bits from the bottom of the pan for added flavor. Season with salt and pepper and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes on low heat.
4. Add cream and simmer for 2-3 minutes. 5. Add the chicken and mushrooms into the sauce along with any cooking juices. Coat in the creamy sauce. Sprinkle with parsley, spoon over noodles, and serve!
This recipe is an adaptation of the original which can be found here: Creamy Champagne Chicken